- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey (not pictured)
- 2 tbsp ground sage
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 water
- 15 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can Simply french bread
- 1 cup fat free shredded mozzarella cheese
- parmesan (not pictured)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375
- Brown turkey making sure you break it into tiny pieces while cooking.
- Add to browning turkey, water, sage, garlic, onion, red pepper, salt & pepper
- Take loaf out of can and find seam, unravel carefully until it is a flat squarish sheet.
- Stretch as needed and place into sprayed/greased casserole pan (I use a glass pan that is between a 8X8 and 9X11)
- Make sure you leave enough to cover bottom and about 1- 2 inches up the sides. Cut off any that is hanging over edge (I use these for breadsticks)
- Place cheese on bread
- Place any toppings you desire, I use 1 lb turkey sausage and sometimes throw some turkey pepperoni in too!
- Bake until crust begins to slightly harden and turn from white to golden (NOT ALL THE WAY DONE)
- While pizza is baking saute the tomatoes in the turkey skillet (to pick up extra flavor) and simmer over low heat for 5-10 mins until it is a little less watery, but not pasty!
- Place tomatoes overtop of the pizza and finish baking until the crust is a nice done brown, not burnt brown HA HA
- Immediately dump copious amounts of parmesan, ok so maybe not as much as I do, but if you like it, go for it!!!!!
- Cut into sections and serve-this goes great with a nice greek salad (perhaps I should divulge my recipe for that soon)
|Once bread is pressed down, add in cheese (I ran out of shredded mozz, so I added some fat free slices and a string cheese I tore apart)|
|Dump sausage (& any other toppings) on top of cheese, NOTE...the bread should go slightly above the toppigns|