Thursday, April 28, 2011

My hometown



I am so saddened at the state of the town I was born and raised.  Tuscaloosa, Alabama was one of the affected cities from the storms that ripped through this weekend.

In light of this I am accumulating goods, clothing, mail-able foods, and kitchen utensils to family in the area to give to organizations taking in donations.

I am going to hold off on posting a traditional post so that I can focus my time to search for goods that the victims of the tornadoes can use.


Thank you my readers for your understanding and I look forward to posting some exciting new things next week. To my friends and family in Tuscaloosa, my hearts and prayers are with you and know that even though a dark night blanketed our beloved city, the sun will shine again and T-town will again be beautiful and strong.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your love one's are all ok....

    This weather has been wild! We had a tornado touch down in Rome, NY and we rarely see that! Another town flooded.


    Still making my rounds from the Friday blog hops!

    I'm your newest follower!

    I would love for you to check out The Blogging Buddies Social Network...you can create a profile, and add your blog, Twitter and Facebook links in the appropriate groups.

    We are hosting a week-long blog hop.

    Why not join in the fun?

    Carolee
    Come on home - mom blog
    Working at home advice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carolee...I will definitely check out your blogs and the blog hop!! Thanks for stopping by and sharing sympathies...I bet that was interesting to see a tornado in NY for sure!! Glad that crazy weather is done!

    ReplyDelete