Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Product of the Week: Double-Sided Cast Iron Griddle

Originally submitted at Cost Plus World Market

Large griddle is perfect for cooking everything from burgers to pancakes. Reverses from smooth surface to ridged.

Product of the YEAR!
The Healthy Lantern
5out of 5
Pros: Heats Quickly, Retains Heat, Easy To Clean, Durable, Distributes Heat Evenly
Cons: Handle Gets Hot, Cannot use on glass top
Best Uses: Small Kitchens, Elaborate Meals, Simple Meals, Large Kitchens
Describe Yourself: Avid Cook
I feel confident in writing this review since I have owned and used this now for about 4 months. I use this at least 2-3 times a week. This is same quality as ones I had previously looked at from two different gourmet shops that had them priced at $89 and $100. My husband sold our grill when we moved and honestly we haven't missed it. I will say this probably wouldn't be ideal for a large party. We plan to buy another so we can use it for entertaining. I have used both sides and love them both for particular things. I use an olive oil baking spray and so far have had very few issues with sticking. I haven't tried pancakes yet. So far I have done a variety of burgers from stuffed to turkey, sausages, hot dogs, crab cakes, toasted buns, veggies, shrimp, skewers, fruits...all turning out fabulous. I have had the luxury of using this on a low end gas and a high end gas range and this worked on both excellently. I use foil to cover it lightly to avoid splattering. DO NOT USE THIS ON GLASS SMOOTH TOP SURFACES!

No comments:

Post a Comment