Friday, August 5, 2011

Strawberry Cheesecake Pops

I set out to find what in my pantry would help me create the most 'cheesecake' like taste when making a strawberry cheesecake popsicle....below you can see some of the things I tried


Vanilla wafers, Cupcake Goldfish, Cinnamon Squares cereal, Graham Crackers


Add sugar to your berries, especially if your strawberries are tart 


You can use a blender, I just used a small screen in my food mill to process the sugared strawberries


It made this lovely little juicy substance (perfect for jam if you wanted!!)






I separated each thing I wanted to try and notice the cream cheese on the bottom right corner


I labeled my popsicle containers so I would know which was which


If you don't have clever little popsicle mold, reuse pudding cups with popsicle sticks


Some of the finished product


I must say, these were great on these hot days we have had




INGREDIENTS:
  • Strawberries (I used one container which is about 16 oz)
  • Ideal sugar (as needed with strawberries)
Cheesecake
  • 4 oz Fat Free cream cheese
  • 3 oz crumbled cookie (graham crackers or vanilla goldfish or cinnamon squared cereal or Vanilla wafers, etc...) **adjust amount as desired-I used only 3 oz to keep calories and processed food use to a minimum in this recipe**
  • 1/4 cup greek yogurt
  • 1/4 cup Ideal sugar
**We preferred the cinnamon squares popsicles but the grahams tasted most cheesecake like**

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Mix strawberries and sugar then blend or process in a food mill until a thick but pourable mixture is achieved.
  2. Mix cream cheese, yogurt, and sugar until well combined then fold in cookie crumbles.
  3. Layer cheesecake followed by strawberry in whatever combination you want, for best layers freeze for 5 mins or so between layering (I did not do this and found they came out ok without but they would probably be cleaner)
  4. Freeze and enjoy
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment