Friday, September 2, 2011

My Review of Amphipod Full-Tilt AirStretch Velocity Hydration Waistpack - 20 fl. oz.

Originally submitted at REI

The Amphipod Full-Tilt AirStretch™ Velocity hydration waistpack offers a lightweight design and a low profile that help eliminate the discomfort of traditional bottle packs.


Finally!! No more bouncing or handhelds!

By HealthyLantern at blogspot from Richmond, VA on 9/2/2011

 

4out of 5

Pros: Comfortable, Stable, Highly Adjustable

Best Uses: Running

Describe Yourself: Casual/ Recreational

What Is Your Gear Style: Minimalist

Was this a gift?: No

I have been training for a half and I was getting really frustrated with other packs and just sick of carrying a handheld for miles and miles. This did bounce a slight bit initially but decreased as I drank. The bounce was very slight and not too annoying. Bottle was big enough to keep me hydrated on my 8 mile run and I still had some when I got home. I haven't tried out the pouch but it does seem like enough for a gel, key, maybe a smaller phone. I 'think' you can buy additional pockets that go on the belt if you need more storage. The stretchy belt made all the difference in less bouncing and comfort. I could wear the pack on my lower waist just below my naval, still higher than I would like but much lower than 4 other waist packs I have tried.

(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment