Monday, December 26, 2011

Splurging!

I did, I did....overeat, overindulged, and LOVED IT!!! After being so healthy all year long, enjoying a nice Christmas of simply not over-thinking nutrition, exercise, and just relishing with the friends and family I was surrounded by made this year's hard work all worth it to wait and indulge for Christmas!!

I hope you all had a happy Christmas and that the New Year will be kind!! I am looking forward to setting some new personal health and running goals and looking forward to inching our way along the adoption route too!


Here is a pic of some of the indulgent, not-so-healthy, treats I baked for gifts this year...again, this is the time of year to finally let yourself be 'merry' and wide...I mean bright LOL!!!


Red Velvet and German Chocolate Cake Truffles YUM!


Recipe (use in moderation LOL)
  • bake a cake
    • from scratch or shame, shame, by box
  • Let it cool, crumble it
  • Mix in icing (as much as you would need to 'ice' the cake you baked), stir until well combined
    • again-from scratch or premade
  • shape into one inch balls
  • freeze
  • melt chocolate, either white or chocolate, whatever pairs better with your cake/icing combo
  • dip frozen cake/icing balls into chocolate 
  • refrigerate until firm
  • store in an airtight container or baggies up to one week




2 comments:

  1. I love cake truffles! You packaged yours so cute - I'm sure your friends and family loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Christi!! It is one gift I know people will enjoy HA HA

    ReplyDelete