Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cold & Popcorn (Recipes too!)

Is it possible to sweat in 34 degree weather. Yes.

Running today burned my lungs but well worth it!



On a lighter note..

Today is National Popcorn Day.

Fun Facts about popcorn...


  • Americans consume some 16 billion quarts of popcorn.
    • I alone eat half of that LOL
  • Compared to most snack foods, popcorn is low in calories. Air-popped popcorn has only 31 calories per cup. Oil-popped is only 55 per cup.
    • SEE why I LOVE this stuff.
  • Most U.S. popcorn is grown in the Midwest, primarily in Indiana, Nebraska, Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky and Missouri.
    • Thank you all you states I think flat and boring, you will now 'pop' into my gratitude as I munch daily on my fave snack!
  • The peak period for popcorn sales for home consumption is in the fall.
    • Ummm...they haven't checked my purchase records obviously!
  • Popping popcorn is one of the number one uses for microwave ovens. Most microwave ovens have a "popcorn" control button.
    • Even so, I prefer my air popper!
  • "Popability" is popcorn lingo that refers to the percentage of kernels that pop.
  • "Old Maids" refers to the kernels that don't pop
  • Popping kernels can pop up to 3 feet in the air.

HAPPY NATIONAL POPCORN DAY!!!

I will be proudly popping my 8 cup bowl to the brim in celebration...I may even have seconds!


My fave recipes:
  1. Lightly misted with olive oil spray and sprinkle salt and pepper
  2. Cheddar cheese sprinkles (yes I know...not 'green' or 'natural')
  3. Spritz of lime juice and salt, VERY great on Mexican night!!
  4. Parmesan
  5. Garlic powder and Parmesan!!
  6. Cinnamon and Ideal Sugar
  7. Chili powder, garlic, cumin, salt...delish Southwestern flair
  8. Dried buttermilk, onion powder, mustard powder, garlic powder, white pepper, taste like Ranch

No comments:

Post a Comment