Running today burned my lungs but well worth it!
On a lighter note..
Today is National Popcorn Day.
Fun Facts about popcorn...
- Americans consume some 16 billion quarts of popcorn.
- I alone eat half of that LOL
- Compared to most snack foods, popcorn is low in calories. Air-popped popcorn has only 31 calories per cup. Oil-popped is only 55 per cup.
- SEE why I LOVE this stuff.
- Most U.S. popcorn is grown in the Midwest, primarily in Indiana, Nebraska, Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky and Missouri.
- Thank you all you states I think flat and boring, you will now 'pop' into my gratitude as I munch daily on my fave snack!
- The peak period for popcorn sales for home consumption is in the fall.
- Ummm...they haven't checked my purchase records obviously!
- Popping popcorn is one of the number one uses for microwave ovens. Most microwave ovens have a "popcorn" control button.
- Even so, I prefer my air popper!
- "Popability" is popcorn lingo that refers to the percentage of kernels that pop.
- "Old Maids" refers to the kernels that don't pop
- Popping kernels can pop up to 3 feet in the air.
HAPPY NATIONAL POPCORN DAY!!!
I will be proudly popping my 8 cup bowl to the brim in celebration...I may even have seconds!
My fave recipes:
- Lightly misted with olive oil spray and sprinkle salt and pepper
- Cheddar cheese sprinkles (yes I know...not 'green' or 'natural')
- Spritz of lime juice and salt, VERY great on Mexican night!!
- Garlic powder and Parmesan!!
- Cinnamon and Ideal Sugar
- Chili powder, garlic, cumin, salt...delish Southwestern flair
- Dried buttermilk, onion powder, mustard powder, garlic powder, white pepper, taste like Ranch