Wednesday, December 12, 2012

LOW CALORIE EGGNOG say what?!?!?!

YES...


I have created a LOW calorie, low fat Eggnog!! Sound the Bells!!


I need to clean my camera, it is on it's last leg and the pictures are coming out ridiculously blurry but this recipe is super easy! Promise!



INGREDIENTS:

  • 2.5-3 cups Silk Almond Milk Unsweetened (30 calories/cup)
    • Depends how thick you want your eggnog to be *thicker, 2.5 c almond milk*
  • 1 small package Sugar Free Instant Jello Pudding
    • I recommend Sugar Free French Vanilla
    • but SF White Chocolate and SF Cheesecake work fab too!
  • 1/2 cup- 1 cup Xylitol Sweetener or Splenda 
  • Dash, pinch, sprinkle...whatever you want to call it of both  Nutmeg and Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp Imitation Rum Flavor or Rum Extract 
    • not watching calories, use the real thing, just use the lower amount of milk

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Add all ingredients in blender
  2. Push the magic button
  3. Watch it swirl
  4. Place in fridge for 2-3 minutes
  5. ENJOY!!
***If it is too thick return blender to base and add a splash more milk and blend, do this until desired consistency,  but I like my eggnog thick like old fashioned eggnog!


Calorie Comparison:

Horizon Organic Traditional Low Fat Eggnog  140 calories per 1/2 cup (4 oz)

190 calories for the ENTIRE recipe, although I recommend sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment