Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Dr. Scholl's Active Series Insole Review -Influenster

 
Got some spiffy new insoles courtesy of Dr. Scholl's and Influenster.


SO...my first take, they look and feel like great quality!! 


The benefits (as listed on Dr. Scholl's website ) for the insoles
  • Triple Zone Protection
    • Ball of Foot
    • Arch Support
    • Heel
  • Helps Prevent Pain from shin splints, runner's knee, and plantar faciitis 
**It is recommended you replace your insoles every 6 months or at first signs of wear/age


And now for the after review!! I put them first in my daily kicks, the ones I walk around in.  Loved them.  Great arch support and the overall cushioning is great. Would recommend them for people on their feet for a great deal of the day. 

Next, my running kicks.  I wore them and just walked **you should never run at your normal pattern/speed/intensity when changing your footwear, this puts you at risk of injury** Just like changing your shoes, you should treat insoles the same and let your feet adjust prior to hitting your normal routine.  I think they worked great for walking and jogging, but I did notice some aching in my feet and calves after a few days of wear and attempting a short run.  I do want to note that I do wear specialized orthotic insoles for my high arches in my running shoes.  I believe that the Dr. Scholl's Active Series Insoles offer great support, but not enough for the mileage I run and with my very high arches and high metatarsal arch.


In summing it up, yes you should try these.  If you are getting into walking, stand a lot, or need extra arch or heel cushioning in your running shoes, I would recommend these.  If you are like me and run 15+ miles a week and have super high arches and metatarsal arches, I would suggest keeping with your current orthothotics! 

I will be keeping these in my non-running shoes that I wear for generalized daily activities and shorter duration athletic endeavors.  I think Dr. Scholl's has made great strides in offering the wanna be athletes a chance at up-ing our game, runs, strikes, whatever sport you do!


I want to close by thanking Influenster for sending these complimentary insoles to review.  I was not compensated further than the complimentary insoles and my review is my own and not persuaded by any factors other than personal use and experience with the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment