Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Silk Milk

We love milk, but we all have our different taste preferences and likes and dislikes of dairy, so shopping for 'milk' products can be a challenge.  Currently we buy 3...yes three different types of milks and I thought I would share about two of our loves!!


Personally I prefer..


Silk got me with this version. I love the soft subtle vanilla undertone and the rich earthiness the almonds provide. I love the calcium content and I LOVE that it is NON-GMO!!!!  This is my go to in recipes, coffee and just to drink! It comes sweetened also, but I try to avoid added sugar and needless calories!

My husband loves...
\
He loves the flavor and consistency and also loves that it doesn't have any added sugar.  He uses his in his cereals and smoothies and I add it into recipes too!


BzzAgent sent me a coupon to try a Silk Blend Coconut Almond milk.  Could it be that there would be a product that would blend both worlds and eliminate one of our two Silk products?!?

We chose the unsweetened Silk Almond Coconut Blend.  I wish I could say we were head over heels, but my husband and I both make donkeys look passive.  I thought it tasted to coconutty and he thought it tasted to almondy.  So we didn't find a happy medium, but I can say I love the tropical spin it gave my morning coffee.  It still cooked and tasted well in recipes so it was well used but just as a beverage to drink, neither of us preferred it over our other Silk products.

I say if you are as stubborn as mules, you should try it, still tasty and still 35 calories per serving and still contains a good serving of calcium, so try it today!!!


***I was given a voucher via BzzAgent to obtain a free Silk Blend product to review and give my honest opinions.***

No comments:

Post a Comment