Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Counting Calories-REVIEW


Not necessarily green but healthy, this post is about being accountable and having an easy way to do so.  My Fitness Pal is a great website that offers a free calorie counter and support site.  I currently use the My Fitness Pal app on my android and am just IN LOVE with it.  It has many food options including restaurants in it's database and a UPC scanner so you can scan the box/bag to easily input your serving of what you are eating. Seriously over 160,000 options...and more added daily. Most sites and apps have only pre-packaged, therefore mainly processed foods and in trying to eat more organic and less processed I was thrilled to find MFP and discover I could add in non-processed foods.


I will say that I am shocked how many calories I was consuming prior to be calorie conscientious.  I have eaten healthy for years and years, watching saturated fats, overall fats, not eating fried foods except on random occasions and always choosing whole wheat or unbleached flour options in breads and pastas...but I never considered the caloric amount of what I was taking in until about 4 months ago.  My fitness pal also keeps track of your weight, exercises, and water consumption.  I put in my height, weight, and age, weight goal, and when I hope to reach that, and it tells me how many calories I need to eat each day to reach my goal.  I am at my goal...so YAY me HA HA.

It truly has helped me to further my fitness and health and that is why I am sharing it with you!  I know a lot of calorie counting programs fail for people and this one may not be for everyone either, but I love that I can add in fresh fruits and veggies and whole wheat and grain options.


Try it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment