Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Race Day Approaches/ Salmon Recipe

OK folks... this Saturday is the day...YIKES!!!


Nervous, excited, hoping my shins don't ache to bad!! I thought my pains were over and then yesterday "OUCH"!!!!  I am not too sure if it was my new shoes that I ran a whopping 3 miles on Monday (which felt fine during and post run).  Overall, I am just really hoping to survive and take some rest to completely heal and start training for something else.

Can't wait to update you all on the victorious crossing of the finish line!!!



I am going to enjoy a nice protein packed pre-race dinner of Salmon with some broccoli and mixed peppers medley.

I love Salmon in a variety of ways but never skin on, I have found that the meat dept is always willing to remove the skin for me and some frozen salmon already is scale/skin free...here are two potential recipes for my pre-race dinner!!



BBQ salmon:

Pretty simple. Lightly pan grill/saute salmon until done and generously pour BBQ over. Allow to sit and simmer over low heat for 5 mins, turn salmon, turn off heat, cover and allow to sit for a few minutes. Enjoy the yummy goodness!


Mustard Salmon:

Lightly pan grill/saute salmon, seasoning with a bit of salt and pepper.  While salmon is cooking, take 1/4 cup of a very heavily seeded mustard and mix with 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or honey) and when salmon is finished brush on the mustard mix. Turn the mustard side down onto the pan and sear (use med-high heat) the mustard/sugar onto the salmon, while searing add mustard to the uncoated side and sear it as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment