Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Arla Dofino Cheese: Review and Recipe



I was offered the opportunity through BzzAgent to try and review Arla Dofino cheeses.

I selected the Gouda with Black Peppercorn and Havarti with Dill. I was easily able to find them in the prepackaged gourmet cheese area near my grocer's deli department.

Both had deep rich flavors and were far advanced in flavor and texture from their processed cheese competitors more commonly purchased in the already sliced, diced, and cubed section.

My recipe:

Tuna Casserole (made easy peasy!)

INGREDIENTS
  • 8-10 oz Arla Dofino Cheese (Havarti with Dill)
  • 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 family size tuna pouch (or can-drained)
  • 10-12 oz pasta (your choice- we chose whole grain egg style noodles)

DIRECTIONS
  1. Cook pasta and set aside in strainer.
  2. Melt butter and add in cheese (I had cut it into chunks to melt faster)
  3. Slowly add in milk to slightly thin cheese.
  4. Stir in pasta and mix until all is coated with cheese
  5. Add in tuna and stir until blended.
  6. Serve!
    Cheese and butter (well I added butter after this...whoops!)

    There was no good way to photograph this, tuna casserole isn't
    a pretty shoot, especially this type of pasta, but it tastes good!



No comments:

Post a Comment